Tuesday, December 12, 2006

ho ho ho

yayy I have finished work for the year!
We are still having to do some fall clean up. Leaves still seem to invade Margaret's garden. The front slope of our property is looking much cleaner now. We let it go for several years and didn't realize how much overgrown it had become until we found some old pictures. So last year I attacked it from one side and this year Margaret attacked it from the other and we met in the middle. I have a couple of largish saplings to cut down and then we are pretty much done. I have also recently chopped down the three very large holly trees that had been planted too close to the house. The house looks bare now without them but it gets a lot more light and Margaret likes it.
Margaret finally made me hang those silly icicle lights that many Americans hang from our house....

I managed to not kill myself. The hollies were at the two corners of the house and a third at the end of the garage ( that you can't see in the picture ).

Here's a picture from a couple of years ago with the hollies in....


Matthew is hoping for snow again this year.... we shall see, didn't get any last year and I can't say I miss it.

No comments: