Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Talking

Adam is finally starting to throw out a few words! Things like 'shoe', 'head', 'mouth', 'eye', 'nose'. When he is playing with us on a bed he will reach for a blanket, pull it up and say 'ni ni mama'. The other day he had a sandwich that he didn't want as there were strawberries on the table that he could see. So he grabs the sandwich, tosses it across the table and says 'bye bye wich'. We got the hint. He is still super smoochie and always comes running when I get home from work with a hug and an 'awww'. While hugging us he will also pat us on the back.

BTW, I am really loving a new feature of Firefox 2.0. That is the real time spell checking. No matter what you are doing in the browser ( and I use Google mail so I answer mail from within the browser as well ) if you are typing then Firefox will underline any words it does not recognise. ( like the word 'recognise' because I have an American dictionary so it wants me to spell it as 'recognize' ). You can right mouse click on the word and it will drop down suggestions. Sweet.

I am also using bloggers new beta blogger. It now works like it ought to have in the first place.... like pretty much every other blogging software does. When you publish a posting what you are doing is just saving that post into a database and when someone is looking at my blog it is building the page dynamically. Before it would completely rebuild the blog and so the more postings you had made, the slower it was.

Another really cool feature (again not revolutionary as other blog software has it ) is the ability to label posts. Which is what I am now doing. So if someone wants to look at all the postings I have made of 'Matthew story' then they can just select that in the 'Labels' list on the RHS of this blog and they will get a list of all postings I have labeled as such.

No comments: