Thursday, October 12, 2006

Bad Night

A couple of nights ago Adam had us up at 1:30am. We brought him into our room and he probably spent an hour of tossing and turning and kicking us in the face before he drifted off again. Fortunately ( or not depending on how you look at it ) his butt was in the proximity of my nose and I quickly smelt why it took him a while to settle back down. I was very tempted just to roll over and let him stew in it until the morning but he has had bad nappy rash before so I decided he ought to be changed. I woke Margaret up and got a clean diaper (nappy). We changed him and of course he woke up again. I think it was gone 3:30am before Margaret took him back to his crib and got in with him to get him back to sleep.

If felt like I had just dropped off when I woke up to Matthew crying in his bed. So I went in there and he was sobbing because he had dropped his red train into the stream and it had 'sunk a long long way' and he couldn't get it back. So I told him not to worry and that Daddy had jumped into the river and found it for him. He then asked me if it was James and I said yes..... big mistake.... it wasn't James he had dropped into the river it was 'a red train with no face'. By then Margaret had come in from Adam's room and asked if Matthew would like Mummy to lie with him. He did, so I got up and left. I found out later that Margaret then told him that Mummy and Daddy had been fishing at the other end of the river and had caught the red train, a blue baseball bat, and various other toys and had put them into a big basket to dry in the play room. This made him happy and he went back to sleep.

Of course in the morning he was all...... so where's the big basket of toys

No comments: